Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Urge to Create

I want to write.  I want to have insightful thoughts...to create something worth reading.  Unfortunately, sometimes (like now), I feel that there really isn't anything to say.  Even with all the change in the world, things are the way they are.  We live, eat, sleep, die.  Talking about what one day may be is not really new territory.  Plenty of people write about immortality, whether it is speculative science or just fiction.  Plenty of people write beautiful poetry.  I want to create and have new ideas, but sometimes that urge feels like vanity.

Perhaps this is an obstacle that I need to crush.  I need to smash that attitude, and tell myself that I can create something interesting, and that it is not vanity.  I can draw, I can compose music, I can write fiction, I can write about people or places that fascinate me.  Or, I can always "feed my mind"...I have an infinitely long list of books that I intend to read one day, and there are a lot of inspirational movies, paintings, songs, etc.

Go go go.  Work work work.  Be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment