Friday, November 30, 2012

Life

Life has been bizarre lately.  I have been meditating a lot, and reading a lot about Zen.  I have been working on a lot (relatively) of personal projects.  It feels good to be making progress in that dimension, which is part of why I undertook this journey to Farfaraway in the first place.  At the same time, I feel that my life is not exactly on track...maybe?  It's hard to tell.  Compared to where I was about a year ago, I guess my life is more on track than it was...

I was recently explaining to a distraught friend that it's not necessary to think of life in terms of where we are going, but it is important to think of life in terms of how we live.  So I guess, by that metric, I am doing good.  My days are filled with activities that are meaningful to me.  By that metric, in fact, I am doing exponentially better than I was before.  Nonetheless, I am still plagued by the feeling that there is not enough time to work toward all the goals that I have.

I have read, on more than one occasion, about the importance of limiting, or outright eliminating, one's goals.  And frustratingly, I have eliminated, or at least majorly postponed, a lot of the goals that I used to fret over.  I suppose I shouldn't say "frustratingly," because the other side of that same coin is "comfortingly."  While I do remain frustrated by my lack of godlike ability to progress insanely fast, I am also doing better and better in terms of being at peace with the progress that I am able to make.

Everything is okay.  It's just weird and constantly changing, and also constantly uncertain.  I guess that's how it is for all of us, at least on some level.

Just for the sake of consistency, here's my little battle mantra:

Go go go.  Fight fight fight.  Be unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment