Friday, June 1, 2012

Three

Uncertainty.  Why am I always drowning in uncertainty?  Is there anything that I am certain about?  Let's think...

I am certain that I like existence.
I am certain that I like thinking...or at least, sometimes I do.  Sometimes I wish I could stop.
I am certain that I feel really bad for a lot of people in the world.  There is a lot of suffering.
I am certain that I would like to make the world a better place.

Life is both chaos and pattern.  Beautiful and ugly.

I remember sitting on the slope of a mountain one time, and I looked down at the ground and was struck by the  intertwined mesh of living and dead plants.  You almost couldn't tell them apart, it was like a big, knotted quilt.

I know I'm smart, logical, creative...but is there any significance in that?  Maybe there would be if I could use my brain to create art, a book, music, games...I guess I need to be creative.  Creativity (as opposed to straight labor, which all my jobs have been, even if it was intellectual labor) is an outlet that will allow me to thrive.  And probably help me to channel my uncertainty into something more tolerable.  Amusement, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment