Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fight

Strangers don't want to give you a break.  Strangers do not want to give you a chance.  There are billions of people in the world, all clamoring to prove they are super awesome and wonderful.

You have to be hardcore.  You have to prove that you can do it on your own, and if you're lucky, people will see your greatness.  Then they'll want to give you a chance.

It can be very challenging, when you think you've shown how amazing you are (in a cover letter, or through your résumé), and then people aren't interested.  I'm confident that I have done some really awesome stuff, to show how smart/creative/capable I am...and yet my "dream job" hasn't fallen out of the sky into my lap.  And, of course, there are people who get lucky and somehow land killer jobs, or make a ton of money to do something that you could do with your hands tied behind your back....life is not fair.

Fight.  Fight.  Fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment